Stuck trying to choose between Shopify and Shopify Plus? Not sure how an inventory management system could help your business?
The regular Shopify platform is a great option for individuals and small businesses looking to sell online. However, for larger businesses that are doing millions in sales, Shopify Plus is the better choice as it offers many more features and support options.
In this article, we’ll talk about some key differences between Shopify and Shopify Plus, and how an inventory management system can help you make some key business decisions.
Shopify vs Shopify Plus
In simple terms, Shopify Plus has everything that Shopify has plus more. We’ll now discuss 6 key differences between Shopify and Shopify Plus.
Here are 6 key differences between Shopify and Shopify Plus.
With Shopify’s regular plan, you can customize your Shopify theme through their editor, but it is hard to switch to a completely new theme.
However, with Shopify Plus, you have many more options and this is due to Shopify’s theme language, Liquid. With their theme language at your disposal, you can make the exact changes necessary for your brand to ensure you’re getting everything out of Shopify Plus.
Unlimited Staff Accounts
Another thing to keep in mind when choosing your plan is the number of staff accounts you will need. The basic Shopify plan only gives you a few limited staff accounts to work with which can be limiting.
With Shopify Plus, you get unlimited staff accounts and you can customize permission settings as you feel.
Additional API Integrations
API’s (Application Programming Interface) are software intermediaries that allow two applications to talk to each other. For any of your websites, these API’s would facilitate integrations with third-party apps, such as payment method platforms for your Shopify payments. Shopify Plus also allows you to even build your own apps that you’d like to integrate with.
Access to Exclusive Apps
Another benefit of using Shopify Plus is the exclusive apps you get access to that regular Shopify users don’t.
Some of these apps are:
- Shopify flow: Shopify Flow is a platform that allows merchants to automate workflows. You can build a connector to integrate your app with Shopify Flow so that merchants can add your app’s or service’s functionality to automated workflows.
- Wholesale channel: The wholesale channel lets you expand your business into wholesale by creating a separate, password-protected storefront that’s an extension of your online store. All your wholesale customers and orders are trackable under your current store’s Shopify admin.
- Transporter app: Use the Transporter app to import customer, product, and order records into your Shopify store. This app accepts comma-separated values (CSV) files for each of these record types, processes the records, and then imports them as objects into Shopify.
As your business grows bigger, you will attract customers who will want to buy from you in bulk and Shopify Plus helps facilitate this with their wholesale channel.
Your password-protected wholesale store is created automatically when you add the wholesale channel to your Shopify store. The wholesale channel allows you to create wholesale price lists, wholesale customer accounts, and wholesale price lists, making it easier to manage high volume orders.
Merchant Success Program
Lastly, Shopify Plus has a Merchant Success Program. This program helps merchants get the most out of the platform and offers 24/7 support.
Shopify Plus solutions engineers make sure the tools your business counts on integrate seamlessly with our platform. This includes all your customer-facing, internal, and third-party systems. Your solutions engineer acts as development concierge, making sure your technical components will work perfectly with Shopify Plus.
Now this is a lot of information we’ve gone over, and it can definitely be overwhelming even for more experienced brands. What we’ll go over now is our inventory management system’s Shopify and Shopify Plus integration and how you can benefit from our centralized data system.
Blastramp’s Shopify and Shopify Plus Integration
We specialize in our ability to integrate with multiple client systems and seamlessly sync with outside applications. And, our comprehensive platform was designed and developed based on direct feedback from our customers.
Whether you are a Shopify or Shopify Plus merchant, Blastramp’s inventory management system gives you the tools to keep track of all your operations in one single dashboard and see real-time analytics to help you manage your inventory levels and make essential business decisions.
At Blastramp, we make it easier than ever for Shopify merchants to manage all their orders and returns — from partial fulfillment to multiple warehouses order management. We help growing online businesses automate most of their operations tasks to ensure they can focus on what’s important- growing their business.
- Multi-Channel Sales Management: Manage pre-bookings and immediate orders concurrently across multiple sales channels. From order placement to fulfilment, Blastramp offers a comprehensive set of tools to efficiently manage pick, pack and shipping processes.
- Hassle-Free Returns Management: Blastramp is the optimal solution when it comes to managing returns. With so many available integrations, Blastramp can seamlessly incorporate into your returns workflow to give you full control and increase your customer’s satisfaction and trust.
- Real-Time Inventory Tracking: With Blastramp, you can customize your product availability across your sales channels in a single dashboard. Keep track of your supply chain from purchase order to sales order with our cloud-based platform.
- Reporting & Business Intelligence: Take your business intelligence to a new level with real-time reporting and analytics. Blastramp’s seamless integration into Shopify & Shopify+, gives you access to real-time data to make calculated business decisions on the go!
Learn More About Blastramp
If you’re interested in learning more about our cloud-based inventory and order management software, you can take advantage of our Blast Academy, a set of training modules and step-by-step tutorials that guide you to get the most out of our cloud-based inventory management software. Whether you’re looking for an answer to a specific question or want to build your Blastramp skills, our Blast Academy is the perfect one-stop-shop for your training needs. With Blast Academy by your side, you’ll be an expert in no time!
If you have any other questions that need to be answered, feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.